Subject: Fwd: Ongoing projects - status update as of 2023/11/13 / requests for clarification
From: Michal Siemaszko <[email-masked]>
To: Jürgen Albert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 14:56:08 +0100

Hi Juergen,

Please see below and reply - I do not like to context switch too much 
and would prefer to finish these first, but I need your input.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: Ongoing projects - status update as of 2023/11/13 / 
requests for clarification
Date: 	Mon, 13 Nov 2023 21:40:49 +0100
From: 	Michal Siemaszko <[email-masked]>
To: 	Jürgen Albert <[email-masked]>, Mark Hoffmann 
<[email-masked]>

Hi,

Status update as of 13.11.2023 is the following:

*1*. `org.gecko.emf.utils`
  * Conflicts were resolved and 
https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.emf.utils/pull/26 merged 
and closed
  * Missing commits were merged into `jakarta` branch via 
https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.emf.utils/pull/28/commits
  * Branch `jakarta` was merged to `snapshot` branch via 
https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.emf.utils/pull/27
  * Snapshot release was made and I proceeded with integration of 
`org.gecko.emf.utils` into MDO;

*2*. MDO - there are multiple issues as well as prerequisites, so I 
cannot give "green light" until those are addressed, i.e.:

*a*) Resolve via "base" bndrun 
(`de.jena.mdo.runtime/de.jena.mdo.runtime_base.bndrun`) only proceeded 
after removing `org.gecko.emf.persistence.jdbc` bundle from run 
requirements - that bundle depends on old version of 
`org.gecko.emf.utilities` ( (version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0)) ); 
however, that in turn caused unsatisfied references, e.g. in 
`MDODataImporter`; therefore, Gecko EMF Persistence would need to be 
lifted first - a prerequisite to continuing;

*b*) Starting docker-compose stack 
(`/docker/docker-compose/docker-compose.yml`) was only possible after 
modifying `mongodb` definition - it appears this was created long time 
ago (or taken from a much older project) because its `mongo:latest` 
image version is already way past version 4.2; so I pinned it to version 
4.2 and only then docker-compose stack started up;

*c*) Upon running via "local" bndrun 
(`de.jena.mdo.runtime/de.jena.mdo.runtime_local.bndrun`), multiple 
additional issues were detected, including:

    * Unsatisfied references in `MDODataImporter` (as already 
mentioned), as well as `PiveauAdapter` and `PiveauRestConnector`;

    * Failed activation in second of the two `MDOGraphQLQueryProvider` - 
it appears my fix for `GeckoGraphQL` from August this year 
(https://github.com/geckoprojects-org/org.gecko.graphql/pull/10) was not 
integrated yet into MDO project; but keep in mind this in turn will 
require lifting entire MDO to Jakarta (while currently it uses JaxRS 
mostly);

    * Only Felix Webconsole was working - none of the endpoints listed 
in `/readme.md` you referred me to were working, most likely to above 
mentioned issues which must be resolved first;

Please confirm I should focus on resolving above mentioned 
prerequisites, starting with prerequisites.

Regards,

-- 
         Michael H. Siemaszko
         Telegram: mhsiemaszko
         Email:[email-masked],
                [email-masked]
         WWW:http://ideas.into.software/
         GitHub:https://github.com/ideas-into-software/
         LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/in/mhsiemaszko/
         Twitter:https://twitter.com/IntoSoftware/